In 2017 BHESCo completed a feasibility study to replace the oil fired heating system of a local care home with a 100% renewable heating system using a ground source heat pump.
The heat will be delivered to two central buildings via a district heat network.
The project also includes the installation of a 71kW rooftop solar PV system, new energy efficienct radiators, and additional lost insulation.
Following project completion, BHESCo will continue to manage the fuel supply and maintenance of the systems for the next 20 years.
- 100% of heating requirement provided
- 27% electricity requirement provided
- Heat demand guaranteed 24/7
- Tax relief from Enhanced Capital Allowance
- Income generation from RHI & FIT
- Electric and heating costs well below
annual CO2 savings
104kW heat generation capacity
71kW PV generation capacity
energy bill savings