13 May 2014
In May 2014 the Government announced that households carrying out improvements to their properties to make their homes more energy efficient may be entitled to up to £7600 back, to offset the cost of the works.
The money available from the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) will be available from June 2014 and forms the latest part of the Governments Green Deal initiative. The Green Deal encourages UK residents to improve the energy efficiency of their properties, helping to reduce heat losses and saving money on fuel bills, decreasing our reliance on fossil fuels.
- up to £1000 for installing two measures from an approved list; and/or
- up to £6000 for installing solid wall insulation; and
- up to £100 refunded for their Green Deal Assessment.
The fund also applies to anyone who has bought a property in the 12 months prior to application. If the energy efficiency improvements are carried out to the property, they will qualify for up to an additional £500 incentive. Further to this the fund applies to social or private landlords, if paying for the improvements themselves.
Typical improvements include:
- solid wall, cavity wall or loft insulation,
- new heating systems,
- double glazed windows
- replacement storage heaters
* To be eligible to receive money from the GDHIF you must have the improvements recommended on an eligible Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) (less than 24 months old) or a Green Deal Advice Report. Further stipulations can be found detailed on the press release.
You will be provided with your Green Deal Advice Report following your Green Deal Assessment. As BHESCo Founder Kayla Ente explains,
“Many people who have had Green Deal Assessments don’t know how to take the process forward. This is where BHESCo can help. We can look at the report and help you make changes based on the information.”
If you would like to find out more about the improvements that could be made to your home to make it more energy efficient please contact BHESCo, who will be able to provide you with more information and advice.